Dad in hospital
Today I took Dad to hospital, where at present he's being prepared to have major surgery on his spine. I hated leaving him there alone and nervous. These days, he seems so weak and sad, and pained. It hurts me to see him this way, so I know the operation he's having can only make him more comfortable than he is at present.
The picture above was taken when Dad was feeling much healthier, and this is always the way I remember him: seemingly invincible and happy. I do hope he's well enough for me to visit tomorrow evening during visiting hours. Now I feel so guilty that we're going on holiday this Saturday, as I won't be able to visit him after tomorrow, and I'm really anxious about him. If it wasn't for the kids, I'd have cancelled the holiday and stayed at home instead to be there when he needs his family close by. At least I'll be in Sheffield when he comes out, to help him at home while everyone else is at work.
Miss you Dad!. All my love and hopes for your swift recovery!
Posted by Amanda Kennedy on Thursday, July 19, 2007
- 50 Great Books to Read This Year
- 101 Household Tips for every room in your home
- Baby Essentials Checklist - What You Really Need
- 85 Useful Tips which could Help Save a Life
- 25 Modern Fairytale Movies to Watch with your Family
- 25 Fairytale Films for Grown Ups
- 50 Literary Quotes about Mothers
- Rollicking Rhyme - Free eBook of Classic Children's Poetry
- Top 100 Family Friendly Films
- 50 Children's Books that Stand the Test of Time
- Store Cupboard Staples
- 25 Easy Way to Boost your Family Income
- The Great Big List of Pregnancy Freebies
- 100 Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Facebook Etiquette - Manners for the Modern Woman