Tonight it's Halloween, and how I wish my little ones would join in the celebrations!
My son has never wanted to dress up or go "trick or treating", and now that he's eleven he's even more reluctant! Little Angel (bless her) is scared to death of anyone dressed up in a spooky costume! She won't even go near the Halloween section in the supermarket as she's frightened that the sinister display will somehow come to life...
Back when I was a kid, I used to plan my costume weeks in advance. I loved Halloween, more for the spirit of the evening than for the sweeties I'd bring home at the end of the night! My friends and I would sit round each other's houses until our parents made us come home, telling each other spooky stories, trying to be the storyteller who could scare the others the most. This year, I'm resigned to watching (slightly) scary movies with my son, who luckily does seem to have inherited my passion for horror flicks!
Wishing all of you a very happy Halloween!
Posted by Amanda Kennedy on Wednesday, October 31, 2007
- 50 Great Books to Read This Year
- 101 Household Tips for every room in your home
- Baby Essentials Checklist - What You Really Need
- 85 Useful Tips which could Help Save a Life
- 25 Modern Fairytale Movies to Watch with your Family
- 25 Fairytale Films for Grown Ups
- 50 Literary Quotes about Mothers
- Rollicking Rhyme - Free eBook of Classic Children's Poetry
- Top 100 Family Friendly Films
- 50 Children's Books that Stand the Test of Time
- Store Cupboard Staples
- 25 Easy Way to Boost your Family Income
- The Great Big List of Pregnancy Freebies
- 100 Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Facebook Etiquette - Manners for the Modern Woman