Mother is the word for God...
Tagged: Sunday Quotes
...on the lips and hearts of little children.
I first heard this quote (originally by Wiliam Makepeace Thackeray) while watching The Crow (1994) during the scene where Eric utters these special words to Darla to make her understand the precious gift of being a mother.
For me, it is a very special quote since its meaning is so true: mothers are indeed the centre of the world to a small child!
Original photograph by Darren-Johnson, via Flickr and edited by Amanda Kennedy to include the quote
- 50 Great Books to Read This Year
- 101 Household Tips for every room in your home
- Baby Essentials Checklist - What You Really Need
- 85 Useful Tips which could Help Save a Life
- 25 Modern Fairytale Movies to Watch with your Family
- 25 Fairytale Films for Grown Ups
- 50 Literary Quotes about Mothers
- Rollicking Rhyme - Free eBook of Classic Children's Poetry
- Top 100 Family Friendly Films
- 50 Children's Books that Stand the Test of Time
- Store Cupboard Staples
- 25 Easy Way to Boost your Family Income
- The Great Big List of Pregnancy Freebies
- 100 Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Facebook Etiquette - Manners for the Modern Woman