Last night, my son came in screaming moments after he'd gone out to play across the road. He'd been so preoccupied with a gift he'd just received from his aunt that he walked out into the road without looking, and...
Well, you can guess what happened.
He was so SO lucky to have come out of it with only bruises and a sore leg! The driver of the van was so concerned and stayed until he was certain my son wasn't badly injured. I hardly remember what I did, except that I sobbed and insisted on stripping him to his underpants right in the open doorway until I knew for certain nothing was bleeding or broken.
So so lucky. And so unlike my son to cross the road without looking both ways first! I've installed road sense into him from the moment he could walk, so I can only believe he must have been too excited about his gift and the impending holidays.
I thank God that he is safe and well. Heaven knows what I'd have done if he'd been seriously hurt, or worse... I'm so glad that the driver had enough sense to drive through our road with caution and safe speed, since there are almost always children playing in the street. If the car had been one of the "boy racers" who speed through the road at night, I certainly wouldn't be here writing this post now.
Thank God for small mercies, and for keeping our children safe.
- 50 Great Books to Read This Year
- 101 Household Tips for every room in your home
- Baby Essentials Checklist - What You Really Need
- 85 Useful Tips which could Help Save a Life
- 25 Modern Fairytale Movies to Watch with your Family
- 25 Fairytale Films for Grown Ups
- 50 Literary Quotes about Mothers
- Rollicking Rhyme - Free eBook of Classic Children's Poetry
- Top 100 Family Friendly Films
- 50 Children's Books that Stand the Test of Time
- Store Cupboard Staples
- 25 Easy Way to Boost your Family Income
- The Great Big List of Pregnancy Freebies
- 100 Quotes from Inspirational Women
- Facebook Etiquette - Manners for the Modern Woman